Nov 29, 2011

From Dusk to Dawn


I start at the end
I start by bidding people goodbye, and yet it isn’t me that’s leaving,
I’ve only just begun.

The number of people around me dwindles, even those separated through several time zones leave, 
One IM window at a time, till there are none.

A silence of the sort I’m unaccustomed to settles around me, deep enough to hear my thoughts,
Disrupted only by frantic keyboard clicks with which I attend to pressing matters at hand.

The luxuriously slow pace with which everything seems to move, lends an illusion of true disconnect from the world,
The only thing changing; the reflection of the glaring light from the screen

Occasionally, seemingly when my solitary existence gets too much to handle, I hear a beep, of an incoming mail,
that (stupidly) startles and amazes me – ‘I am not alone. There is someone else out there’


The momentary excitement is just that, but it’s something to get me through the next hour, maybe longer.
Phone calls are too much for my sleep addled brain to handle, even though it is one more contact to a world that seems so far away


As time passes by, I realize what a fictitious world I’ve made up in my mind
The sun does not rise as early as I imagined it would
There isn’t a way to tell by looking out the window if it’s a new day or midnight


If it weren’t for a clock, id easily believe I was stuck in time
Or if I let my imagination go wild, that I was moving at a supersonic speed, and everything around me was frozen in limbo.


Finally it’s time,
Sleep has successfully evaded me all night, and as I lay in bed soaking now in complete darkness and quiet, 
I start to think maybe sleep has left me entirely


Another stupid notion I’ve imagined I realize, as my mind moves to the unrealistic subconscious thoughts that can only qualify the start of a... good morning’s sleep :)

0 comments:

DISCLAIMER:

THE WORK POSTED ON THIS BLOG IS THE RESULT OF AN IMAGINATIVE (I LIKE TO CALL IT CREATIVE), MAINLY INSOMNIAC MIND. THE WORK IS ORIGINAL UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED (EXCLUDING THE POPULAR QUOTES). ALL CHARACTERS APPEARING IN THIS WORK MAY OR MAY NOT BE FICTITIOUS. ANY RESEMBLANCE TO ANY PERSONS LIVING OR DEAD, MAY OR MAY NOT BE PURELY CO-INCIDENTAL, BUT IS MAINLY INTENTIONAL. SUE ME ALL YOU WANT, I GOT NO MONEY ANYWAY!